I am calling to ask you to:
- author legislation in the form of an amendment to an existing bill to reauthorize the Crescent City Connection toll, and
- to build a coalition of support for the bill among your fellow Legislators.
I support the tolls because:
- Providing dedicated revenue sources for critical transportation infrastructure is a national best practice
- The State does not have the funding needed to operate and maintain the bridge
- Without the toll, bridge police forces would be reduced to dangerous levels.
- Previously collected toll revenues that I contributed to would be taken away from our region by the State
- The State would shift one million dollars in operational costs to New Orleans and Gretna – our cities don’t have the money to cover those costs.
- Traffic would increase as the State closes on-ramps and lanes
- I support publicly run ferries and believe that privatization would put the future existence of our ferries into jeopardy