Thanks to your enthusiastic outpouring of support, Transport for NOLA was able to strengthen the RTA’s application for TIGER IV funding to extend the St. Claude streetcar to Poland Ave. Our online petition gathering 2,316 signatures blowing our initial goal of 1,000 signatures out of the water! And with our good friends and partners over at Neighborland, we took the campaign to St. Claude Avenue with a mobile billboard that read, “I want the streetcar to go to Poland Avenue!”. More than 3,000 matching stickers were given out and you all turned out in force for our streetcar rally with Councilmember Kristin Gisleson-Palmer.
TIGER IV is a competitive grant and over 500 applications are expected making it important for us to continue to demonstrate support for the St. Claude streetcar. You can help by writing letters and making calls to the US Secretary of Transportation and your U.S. Senators and Representatives – their contact information is below:
- Ray LaHood, Secretary of Transportation, U.S. Department of Transportation , (202) 366-4000 or E-mail
- Mary Landrieu, Senator, (202) 224-5824 or Web Form
- David Vitter, Senator, (202) 224-4623 or Web Form
- Jeff Landry, Representative (Transportation and Infrastructure Committee) (202) 225-4031 or E-mail
- Steve Scalise, Representative, (202) 225-3015 or Web Form
- Cedric Richmond, Representative, (202) 225-6636 or Web Form