As a part of Transit Week 2012, Ride New Orleans is putting out a challenge to the business community to support public transit, biking and walking by asking their employees to leave their cars at home and instead trying transit for the work commute at least once during the week.
The benefits to businesses of promoting a transit commute can translate to tax credits (up to $365 per employee per month), increased productivity, reduced parking costs and attracting new, creative talent.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign-up to participate! Sign up using this online pledge by 10/26/12.
- Before Transit Week. Challenge employees to leave their cars at home. Distribute educational materials, rider tools and an online commuting survey.
- During Transit Week. Promote riding transit!
- After Transit Week. Ask employees to fill out a closeout online survey about riding transit.
Are you an employer who wants to participate? Or do you want to challenge your employer to participate? Here are some resources to get you started:
- The Challenge Overview
- The Transit Commute – How Businesses Benefit
- The Pledge – sign your business up today!
Ride staff and volunteers are available to meet with employers to discuss the valuable tax incentives that exist for encouraging and supporting employees who ride transit and bike to work. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.